School Uniform Policy Update
The Tavistock College Uniform
Full uniform must be worn at all times (unless otherwise determined by the Principal).
- Black blazer with College badge.
- White shirt, worn tucked in.
- College clip-on tie.
- Smart black full length trousers or black skirt. (Jean-like trousers or immodest skirt length are unacceptable.)
- Black sensible shoes. Trainers and similar style leisure shoes are not permitted.
- A College (logo) V-necked black long-sleeved jumper may be worn underneath the blazer as an optional item but not as an alternative to the blazer. Cardigans are not accepted.
- PE/Music sweatshirts may only be worn for PE or Music activities and not instead of a blazer at any point during the College day.
- Jewellery – students may wear discreet unobtrusive jewellery, for example small earrings or studs and a single ring (to be worn in the ear only). A plastic retainer should be worn in any other piercing. Nose rings are not permitted. Health and Safety regulations for some subjects such as PE, Performance Studies, DT and Science, may require jewellery to be removed.
- Make-up, nail polish and hair – natural, discreet colours and styles only.
If for any reason an item can not be worn for a short time, please provide a note explaining this in their Organiser. They will then be issued with a green slip by their Tutor. Parents will be informed if standards of uniform fall below College expectations.
PE Kit required for all PE Lessons (boys and girls)
- Tavistock College polo shirt (black with PE logo)
- Tavistock College t-shirt (black with PE logo)
- Tavistock College shorts
- Tavistock College socks
Items that are highly recommended for all students
- Shin pads
- Studded boots for use on grass and astro turf 3G pitch
- Swimming Lessons: Boys: Swimming shorts / trunks – above knee. Girls: Swimsuit
- Tavistock College rugby shirt
- Tavistock College rain jacket
- Tavistock College hoody
- Tavistock College gym bag