Tavistock College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Our current vacancies
Teacher of Music
Part time 0.6fte
Start date: 1st September 2017
NQT applicants – as a Newly Qualified Teacher you will benefit from a wealth of support, expertise and experience from your fellow musicians, within the Creative Arts faculty and from the wider college including SLT. We want your first year of teaching to reflect your passion for your subject and your growing development in the classroom.
We are seeking to appoint a dynamic, passionate and confident teacher of Music to teach across the age and ability ranges at KS3, KS4 and KS5. As the successful candidate you will be a strong practitioner and will join the Music team where you will contribute to and enhance the vibrant Creative Arts faculty. You will continue to develop students’ outcomes through inspirational teaching and learning.
The Creative Arts faculty has very high examination results across KS4 and KS5 with Music BTEC Level 3 reflecting some of the strongest grades.
The Music department has a strong peripatetic team with high student uptake. As the successful candidate you may wish to additionally offer sessions in your preferred instrument.
Tavistock College can offer you:
• A supportive professional development programme from induction to leadership for all staff, this also includes research opportunities and the possibility for masters level study
• The opportunity to teach across all key stages 3 to 5
• A co-operative inclusive College ethos with high expectations for all students and staff
• A professionally stimulating and supportive working environment
• Opportunities to get involved with many of our partnerships with teaching schools, businesses and university partners
You will be:
• An outstanding classroom practitioner across key stages 3 to 5
• A motivating and inspiring role model demonstrating high expectations for all of our students to achieve their potential
• Creative and imaginative in your approach to teaching and learning including the use of new technologies.
available with immediate start date, hours to be discussed
£7.78 per hour
An application pack is available on the college website www.tavistockcollege.org or please contact Linda Coe, Premises Manager for an informal discussion 01822 614231
Please submit your online application to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to the college for the attention of Mrs Sue Jerrett, HR Administrator, Tavistock College, Crowndale Road, Tavistock, PL19 8DD
Tavistock College is committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment and to have a full DBS check carried out prior to appointment.
You can also join our talent pool at eteach and be notified when jobs come up that match your skills.